Question
Posted by: Annie | 2003/12/08

Femodene vs. Marvelon

I have been on Femodene for almost 8 years now. The sister at the clinic where I get my birth control pills said they don't get Femodene anymore, she can switch me over to Marvelon, which is almost exactly the same as Femodene. My husband and I are planning to try for a baby next year March, and I don't want anything to go wrong now. Are the two tablets almost the same and can I go over to Marvelon without any consequences?

Femodene and Marvelon are very similar. If you decide to change over, remember to use extra protection for the first week on the new Pill.

2
Posted by: abc | 2003/12/08

Hi there, I have never been on Femodene, but was on Diane for 8 years and then switched to Marvelon for almost 5 years. Have been married for 3 years and after stop taking Marvelon - I fell pregnant in the 2nd month. Marvelon was defenitely the right choice for me. No side effects, no anything.
Best of luck.

Reply to abc

I was given the same option, and was recommended by my doctor to stick with Femodene,as the 2 pills do differ, she recommended Femodene as the better option. Good luck with the baby.