Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2007/08/20

Femara

hi there,my wife and I are trying to conceive for 4 years now.This is after our first still born.We started seeing a fertility specialist from jan 2007 only.My wife is now on Femara for the 3rd month,how many times can she take it.What estimate success rate is there for Femara...Anybody been on it and willing to share their story :-)

Dear Wayne

Femara is explicitly not to be used for fertility purposes and has been clearly not approved by the manufacturers nor the regulatory bodies in most countries for that purpose. I would strongly suggest that you discuss this with your fertility specialist and discontinue femara until more information on its safety is available.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/20

I really dont want to scare you but the manufacturers of Femara have sent out warnings that the medication is not to be used for ovulation induction as it may cause birth defects. I think you should do a quick google search on it and see what you come up with. Most clinics are moving away from using it now.

Reply to Dee