Posted by: Mimi | 2007/04/02

female urologists


Can you tell me if there any female urologists in the Gauteng area? I just would feel more comfortable around a female...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Mimi
There is actually one that I know of but where she is I don't know! Last I saw her she worked at Pretoria Academic hospital. Maybe if you phone the urology hospital in Pretoria they may be able to refer you to someone?
A very good doctor with female urology is Dr Frans van Wijk at Pretoria Urology hospital - it is his subspeciality.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Brit in Jozi | 2016/08/05

I am a forty something year male who developed acute Urological issues. Dr Reddy went out of her way to help me ASAP. She was thorough and lovely to talk to. Her examination was professional and at no point did I feel uncomfortable. She was efficient and actually made me feel quite comfortable Quite impressed with this young lady!

Reply to Brit in Jozi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/15

I need a Gynecologist/urologist as the op I had to fix my bladder/vaginal graft was NOT successful. I live in the Lowveld an urgently need a good Gynecologist/urologist Surgeon

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/01

Dr. K Mathabe practising in the Parktown area. Brenthurst & Parklane hospitals.

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/16

Dr Cindy Zietsman in Pretoria is a female urologist

Reply to Anonymous | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Nokwazi | 2015/03/25

I really need Dr Zietsman 's contact numbers.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/25

Can you kindly supply the number for Dr Zietsman in Pretoria

Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

You really don't need a female urologist you know. I am female and have a wonderful urologist. He is highly experienced, very caring and professional and also has a wonderful nurse. He did my kidney op and did a brilliant job - he insisted I had physio while in hospital to speed up my recovery - little did I know how much I would benefit from this until I went home from hospital (I had my left kidney removed in 2004). He is always available for a/h emergencies too. He NEVER makes you feel uncomfortable -lets face it I have been to him on a number of occassions for catheter tests - I have chronic kidney problems (where they take urine samples directly from your bladder - urologists or their nurses are the only doctors who can do this) and have NEVER felt awkard at all.

You will struggle to find a woman urologist - there are, as far as I know, very few in JHB (I personally don't know of any) - go to the Medi-Clinic website or Netcare website - and click on doctors and choose the urologist and see what you find.

Reply to anxious | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: In the know | 2016/06/15

Definitely go see Dr Thirusha Reddy. A wonderfully caring and patient Urologist who is also a woman. She is at Park Lane and Brenthurst. She treated me and my son. Good surgeon too! 071 881 9358

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.