Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2004/01/08

Female Gynae needed in JHB North

Please could you let me know the name and number of female Gynaes in Randburg and the surrounding areas If possible, please could you give me more that one name because the referrals that I have received so far all seem to all have a six month waiting list.

Thanks so much for your help

I cannot give referrals on this site. Try the Find a doctor section on this site.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/08

I am not sure if I have told you this before, so sorry if it is the same name...

Dr Reniette Rossouw in Sandton Medfem is excellent, her number is 706-1161. She will have a waiting list as will most female gynaes. Bear in mind that they are in demand. If you get an appt within six to eight months, book it and keep it. If you fall pregnant before the appt they will squeeze you in. If you are pregnant, they will see you sooner and if you have an emergency, they should see you (you may have to wait in the waiting room). Unfortunately you have to explain a bit to the receptionist.

I booked seven months in advance to see Reniette, and fell preggy around that time so I was lucky. But it was worth the wait as she is very good! I used to see Dr Ballot, also female in Sandton Clinic but didn't feel as comfortable and she didn't specialise in childbirth which I wanted but more on sexual problems. Plus her receptionist was an absolute COW!

Good luck!

Reply to Kate