Question
Posted by: John D | 2004/02/16

Femail sexual arousel

Dear Doc and every one on the forum.

What I would like to know is rather private and sensative.
I am a married man of 39 who works very hard in the corporate world as an executive. Our problem is this.
In March 2003 after our 3rd child I had a Vasectomy, since that opperation I have been suffering form incredabile sexual drive and some times I can not even sleep at night, I kid you not on full moon nights I pass the time rolling around in our bed.
I have discused my problem with my loving and attractive wife.
We have always had a very healthy sex life and our desire for one another is as good as it gets, how ever I feel that
she should not be exposed to what I have become and seriousley wanted to go back to the doctor and ask if there was any way that he could cut the nirves in my groin in order to desensitize my sexual needs or prescribe drugs, my wife was very upset about this and would not hear any thing of it.
She feels that using a booster or tonic that will boost her sexual appetite is the answer, hoe were we are both very shy about going to our doctor ...... so as a last resort before consulting our house doctor, is there any thing one can get from the chemist that you would recomend ..... sleepless in Seatle........ please help.
Best regards - Johan

It appears from the history taht you giving that since the Vasectomy this problem has started. Could you be experiencing some anxiety regarding the operation?

Desire discrepancy is one of the frequent complaints that I see in my practise. He's ready for sex, and she's ready for bed. We all have different needs and just because you crave sex daily, does not mean your partner is abnormal, because she only wants it once a week.
There are several strategies that you can use to prevent a libido imbalance from eroding your marriage:
1) Stop blaming each other for your biology: The man whose partner wants less sex than he does needs to understand that she's not abnormal. In the same vein, the woman who resents her partner's push for more sex needs to allow that most men have a biological drive that causes sexual stimuli to register easily.

2) Redefine sex: If you reframe sex as physical intimacy, rather than penetration to orgasm, you de-emphasize the performance aspect of sex. One of the reasons people reject sexual advances is that they don't want to be put to a test. Take away their performance anxiety and they have less reason to avoid sex.

3) Invite masturbation into your sex life: If you think masturbation has no place in a steady relationship, think again. Men tell me they don't have to masturbate when they have a flesh and blood sex partner, but I view masturbation as " a valve that equalizes the sexual pressure between the partners".

4) Adjust your level of mental desire: If you have a higher libido than your partner, cut back on activities (such as fantasizing or reading erotic materials or watching pornography ) that stoke your desire. If yours is the lower libido, choose an evening to come to bed already aroused. to get yourself in the mood, you can read and watch erotic material, close your eyes and focus on sexual imagery, dress in sexy clothes, stimulate yourself in the bath or shower, or talk seductively to your partner.

5) Be willing to start lovemaking from a sexually neutral state. This concept is especially important for women as many, perhaps the majority of women in long term relationships would argue that reasons other than their own sexual hunger motivate them on a consistent basis. If you count yourself among these women, you need to cultivate a willingness to say yes to sex for reasons other than spontaneous interest. You have to be prepared to start from neutral, at least sometimes. You can teach your partner to recognise those times and ease you into a more receptive frame of mind. Tell him what relaxes but also arouses you, like having a shower together or getting a foot massage.

Dr Elna McIntosh

1
Posted by: Justme | 2004/02/16

Yuo lucky lucky bastard !!! For all thats holy I envy you . Sigh may I one day find a wife with the same attitudw as your .

Anyways to the problem at hand , the is no real booster or tonic that helps in such a way that you will up her sex drive .

My point of view is why be shy infront of a doctor , I promise you that he has heard and seen far worse than you can even dream of . Really if you are looking for that kind of help ( medical ) you should seriously go see a gyna . You just might buy some wierd or unknow product that could leave you with more problems than you have now .

Another would be to go see or let a sexologist come to you. I know this might sound worse than going to the doctor but you would not believe how profesional they are . They can teach you alot .
The reason I say this is that your wife is going to need some kind of mental adjustment aswell if you want this to work out right . Maybe I'm talking out of turn and she is more than well adjusted , just something you would know .

I know this isnt what you wanted to hear but none the less I hope it helps.

Reply to Justme