Question
Posted by: MC | 2003/12/15

Fell down - pregnant and really worried

Hi there - sitting here and just want to cry. My chair just slipped out from underneath me and I fell quite hard on my bum. I am now 13 weeks pregnant, and scared as hell. What must I do? Should I make an appointment to see my Doctor? Thanks.

A fall on your bottom should not affect the pregnancy. If there is any bleeding or pain, see your doctor, otherwise it should not be necessary.

3
Posted by: Inc | 2003/12/15

Go and see the doc anyway... don't stress until you've been to the doc

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/15

Don't cry :-( It doesn't sound like the type of fall that would harm your pregnancy. Phone your doctor's rooms and ask to see the doctor. Better check it out and make sure - for your own peace of mind. But I think you will be fine.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: dee | 2003/12/15

Dear Mc

No matter what any of us say, you will only feel relief if you go see your doc anyway. So if I were you, just if its to put my mind at rest I would go. Rather be safe than sorry.
It doesnt sound like a bad fall or anything, but rather just have it checked out, you'll feel better.

Reply to dee