Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/13

Fell and now chest hurts

Last Friday I fell flat on my stomach and afterwards it hurt (not too much) when I breathed. I thought my chest was only bruised, but it has not gotten any better a week later. The pain is not severe at all, just it still hurts when I breathe in or out. Also, it does not really hurt when I press on my chest with my hand. Do you perhaps any idea what could've happened when I fell? And if it could be serious. Thank you.

Dear Anon
You probably hurt the small muscles inbetween the ribs - try taking an anti-inflammatory like Brufen. If you have lung symptoms like coughing and fever and shortness of breath you should see your doctor