Question
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/30

feels like a divorce...

went through all my engagement gifts last night. thought it would be the best time to do it, so i can put it behind me and move on. it hurt so bad putting aside what we got from his family, what we got from mine. feels like we're going through a divorce, and we never made it to the wedding!!

i feel so sick today, my eyes hurt and my head feels all cloudy. i dont sleep when i have things on my mind.

hopefully after last night, things will get easier.

Hope you're soon feling better, twink !

1
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/11/30

I took out my ex's engagement ring that I designed for her, and it sent me into depression. There is a time to put things away, and a time to take them out. Dont take them out when you are down, it makes things worse. As for throwing things away, I have discarded everything I have relating to my ex, photos everything, and I am glad I have done it. But I'll be damned if I'm going to chuck out the clothes, shoes, expensive wall pictures, etc!

You do not have to have been marid to go through a divorce! A divorce really is a break up from any long term commitment. I was not married, but I have essentially been through a divorce. So have you!

Time does heal, and in that time you do go through rough periods., I had a hectic rough period last week, even wrote a letter entitled "Bitter Goodbye..." and posted it on this forum recently.

Let yourself got rhrough these phases, feel the pain, it does get better with time, I promise. I am on top of the world today after being so low last week, extremely low. Even today I have to accept that my work contract expires end of December, and although I dont know what I am going to do, i am not phased or worried.

A divorce is like a death, only sometimes worse, because death is final. Divorce is drawn out. Allow yourself the time and opportunity to mourn, to be sad etc. Its ok...

Reply to figured it out