Question
Posted by: Pat | 2004/02/05

Feeling weird

I am not too sure what is really wrong with me but of late I have been feeling fairly weird. The thing is that I drink a lot every weekend and this has been going on for 14 months now. I am not sure if this is associated with my drinking?

For the past month I started developing these symptoms: a blocked nose accompanied by sneazing which hasn't stopped. My skin is also very oily which results in a lot of sweat if I am exposed to a non - ventilated area. I also have this mild ichy feeling on my throat which hasn't gone away either. Sometimes I get this weird feeling like the feeling you get when you are intoxicated - please share some light Doc?

Pat, it doesn’t sound like it’s due to your drinking, but I suppose it is possible. The easiest would be to stop drinking for a while and see what happens. From this side of the screen it sounds more like an allergy than excessive drinking. You can buy an antihistamine like Clarinese® at your pharmacy and take one a day for at least a week. If that doesn’t work, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Piet | 2004/02/05

Answer: Stop drinking and see if you feel better.

Reply to Piet