Question
Posted by: Ekke | 2004/10/12

Feeling very down today

I just wanted to vent a little bit, I really feel very down today, the reason:

I've just realised that I'm not happy at my work anymore, now you'd probably say, get another job, it's just I'm trying for a baby and I don't know if it's a good idea to move when I know that I'm trying to conceive.

The other thing is that I've been trying for a baby for a year now with no luck, going to see the doc today for tests.

Then I think well you've been trying for a year so you can just as well look for something else now....

The other thing is my boss send me on a course and if I leave before next year may i need to repay a portion of the costs, which obviously I don't have at the moment.

I was sitting on the ground in my office today and I just clicked the reason why I'm always thinking of having another job, is just because I really do want another job, but not in the same field as I'm in at the moment, I grew into this position and now I just realise I don't like all this responsibility, I don't like to feel like if I fail in this, everybody at work is going to know and I will probably loose my job then.

Thank you for listening

Vent away, Ekke, You're right that this might not be a ood time to move on, would it ? You don't want to have to pay back anything on the course, and you'll be busy enough with the issue of conceiving, etc. But you can spend time, in the meantime, both working well enough to get a great reference when the time comes, and researching and clarifying in your mind what other field you are interested in, in preparation for a later move.
Mona's observations are useful. But maybe take on one hurdle at a time ?

3
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

Luckily its against the law to ask a woman in the interview whether she is pregnant, or planing on having kids.... you dont have to tell them... but yes, they might be a bit offish to you if you fall pg straight away. Maybe this trying to conceive is making you feel a bit blue, and when you do fall pg, you will feel better bout your current job... good luck with the doc apointment, i'm sure nothing is wrong, you will be pg soon!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Ekke | 2004/10/12

My company doesn't pay anything on maternity leave, I don't have any children yet, so it is a little harder to just leave it, I've been taking vitamins my whole life, or most of it anyway. I just don't know how a new company will feel to get somebody who might be pregnant, or will be soon?

Reply to Ekke
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

What maternity benefits does you company offer, if nothing, then look for another job by all means, one that offers 100% pay whilst on maternity!

I also tried for a year before falling pregnant, just as i decided that maybe i dont want another baby, wham, it happened. Also, i was drinking Minamino (sp??) vitamin capsules for a month, when i suddenly fell pregnant, i think it just boosted my system.

Good luck!

Reply to Mona