Question
Posted by: Nick | 2007/02/21

Feeling tight after cardio

Hi doc

I recently started training again, i went on the cycle for 30mins and the next day im all stiff and cant feel like I can move my muscles, i never felt like this before. what must I do push through it and train the next day or wait a day.

Thank you.

Hi Nick

At this stage, wait a day, but it will stop happening after about a week or two. The stiffness is quite normal whenyou start out with exercise training, but once your muscles adapt to the 'stress', you will no longer become quite so stiff and then you will be able to train every day, or 2 out of 3 days, perhaps, to be on the safer side. But for now, once every second day should do, just for a week or so.