Posted by: Emma | 2009/01/21

Feeling sad

Sorry CS I did not explain fully I am being treated by a psychiatrist for GAD and depression. I have been on Urbanol for the 20+ years and the Remeron for the past 10 weeks. I willl see him again middle of next month and I will try and sort out the mood swings. Also been for counselling before now - so I am working at the solving my problems, perhaps I need more time.....

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I understand. I wouldnt have anyone on a benzo like Urbanol for 20 years --- a different type of antidepressant plus CBT ought to clear up GAD, and Depression, rather than allowing it to become chronic. Not all counselling is equal, which is why I recommend CBT, which has loads of good research confirming its benefits.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.