Question
Posted by: BABS | 2004/10/19

FEELING NEGLECTED

ive been married for 15 yrs with 2 kids,i know he luvs me but he cant show his feelings at all no hugs ,kisses ,he believes as long as he provides shelter and food thats it.ive tried several times talking to him ive cried about the whole thing but cant change him ,im only living cos of my kids otherwise im really dead inside and feel my life doesnt worth living .i dont understand whether is the age gap between us or what at the same time i see older couple enjoying their lives ,please help cos i have lost hope and sex drive he doesnt understand what im going thru

The importasnt thing is hat, as you say, you KNOW that he loves you, and the kids. It's unwise to demand that love be demonstrated in a specific way. It's as if you two speak different languages, and though he says "I love you" in his language, you are demanding that he must say it in your language. See a counsellor to work on these issues, maybe even see a mariage counsellor together.
It also sounds as if you might be becoming depressed, so see a shrink or at least a GP for a checkup on this, and possible treatment for it

2
Posted by: Concerned | 2004/10/19

Why don't u try and get families to try and settle this problem its he not the type of a person who would want to go for councelling. Otherwise u will just keep on hurting yourself.

All the best my dear we love adn care for you.

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: babs | 2004/10/19

thank you ,yes im very depressed ive seen doctors GP cos i suffer with headaches and tension whenever i see the doctor they say im stressed ive been on traction twice cos of knots and side being numb ,i just want to be by myself and cry all the time my daughter been telling me to see a shrink .im sure my upbringing contribute to my situation i feel no body cares 4 me (u know when u were born out of wed no luv from the parents )im really hutting inside ,he is not the person that will go for counselling ,sometime i wish i was dead.

Reply to babs