Question
Posted by: Katz | 2004/10/11

Feeling nausious

I need help, have been on the pill for 5 years, and deciding to leave it as soon as I get my period, but I am only due in two days time, but at this moment I am feeling sick , irrated , swellon on the stomach although I have not eaten much the weekend, do you think that i might be pregnant , or must I go to the doctor, Please someone give me advise, and today I am so hungry , I have been eating from morning and still hungry.

The usual early signs of pregnancy (one to two weeks after conception) are: a missed period; a period with less bleeding or fewer days than usual; swelling, tenderness, or tingling in your breasts;frequent urination; nausea or vomiting; feeling bloated or crampy; increased or decreased appetite; changes in digestion (constipation or heartburn); and mood changes. Keep in mind that signs of pregnancy vary from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. Also, since you suspect pregnancy but haven't had a test yet, you don't have to assume that you are definitely pregnant. However, you need to find out.

You can test for pregnancy days after unprotected sex. Confidential testing is available at DISA Health Care (011) 787 - 1222. Home pregnancy tests are accurate if the instructions arefollowed exactly. Using a home pregnancy test is getting easier all thetime. You used to need an early morning urine sample, but now you can doit at any time of the day, at almost any time in the cycle. A homepregnancy test is accurate seven to ten days after unprotected intercourse. This is because the test cannot detect the human pregnancy hormone until about one to two weeks after conception.

Dr Elna McIntosh