Question
Posted by: sparkle | 2006/11/13

feeling lost about love (teen girl)

hey im a teenage girl. the last few months i have been struggling to understand myself. everytime that i start to like a guy as soon as we start going out i lose all interest in that specific guy. its like im afraid and i dont know why. im hurting all these people i care about most. i feel like i cant love anyone. i cant seem to fiind happiness. at this moment i really like this guy that doenst even notice me. im having a hard time, because i cant stop thinking about him. my guy friends know him. at the same time my best guy friend is in love with me and i cant return his feelings i dont know what to do. please help

,,,,

2
Posted by: lady nina | 2006/11/13

hi girl

i have a teenager and she is "in love" for the first time, what a wonderful milestone in your life and what a special time.

the teen years are a specific time set aside for you to get to know yourself, what your likes and dislikes are, what your strenghs and weaknesses is, and to make things difficult you are a age where emotions are alive and strong.

emotions can be very powerful but often not a true reflextion of the reality of the situation and it's for you to be wise,when you "feel: an emotion always look at the facts before you come to any conclusions, it would help you alot to stay calm and not get swept away by these strong emotions, why don't you get a dairy and keep notes, write down your feelings and read it again after while, often you'll find you don't feel as intense about issues when you read it a day or two later, if you find that after "calming" down you still feel the same then take it one step further and look for the facts, to either confirm your feelings or defuse it... eg you feel a guy doesn't like because he didn't phone you, therefor you are assuming he doesn't like you, if there is no facts to confirm your feelings then it would not be very wise to allow that emotion ( rejection) to grow stronger

emotions are there to give flavour and colour to your life not to rule you, you are an intelectual girl who need to use your brain and commom sense aswell and never assume things.
you only make a ASS out of U and ME!!!

the teen years is a special time for you to get to know yourself for the wonderful lady you are, don't be afaid to enjoy this adventure

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: emma | 2006/11/13

how old are you???
let me say that when you are young it is kinda ok to get bored with people. you are still trying to figure out who you are and what you want out of life. just relax and take it easy. you need to tell your guy friend how you feel about him if it bothers you that much. you need to tell him that you love him as a friend and nothing more. if he cant respect that, then just let it go. it may not be nice but it is the right thing 2do.
everybody goes thru those feelings of likeing someone but not being able to have them. it's all part of growing up, try and get into the same circle of friends this guy you like is in. or just pluck up the confidence and say hello to him one day, or smile at him......

Reply to emma