Question
Posted by: Guilty | 2008/07/21

Feeling guilty after dumping him

Hi guys,

CS need not read or respond.

Last week I went to a first " date"  with a guy - lunch. On Saturday we met again and he is already talking about marriage and kids - and he is not joking. I am 29 he is in his early 50s. He has 5 children, the eldest is 27, and he wants more. He likes a big family and he is worried that age is not on his side.

On Saturday I am going to a course from 9am to 1pm and I was going to see him after the course. He says he can' t wait that long, he is coming with me to the course. He says he can' t cope without me. He sends me messages about going as a family to India and he gets upset that I am not feeling the same way and that I take too long to respond to his messages.

I just met him, I don' t even like him yet and I am feeling so smothered right now. I have sent him an email saying I cannot see him anymore. I was not rude or anything. But now I am feeling so so guilty to push him away. Is the email a bad way to do it - impersonal? I just cannot stand to see him anymore.

I always feel very guilty after things like this - even if I was not rude.

He sounds rather desperate, doesn't he ? Isn't this FAR too early within any relationship for him to be talking of marriage ? Be very wary --- there has to be something wrong for him to be so desperate

4
Posted by: I think | 2008/07/22

No No No this old man has issue, run as fast as u can..Stop all contacts with him..

Reply to I think
Posted by: xxx | 2008/07/22

Run as fast as you can from him.. lol.. i think an e-mail is good. from what u explain i think its perfect. Never feel bad for doing what you want to do..

Reply to xxx
Posted by: Tarryn | 2008/07/21

OMG - stalker alert! You are right to run as far as possible in the opposite direction. It doesn' t matter how you did it - just that you did. Stick to your guns. This guy sounds mentally disturbed.

Reply to Tarryn
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/21

This guy spells either " high maintenance"  or he is trying to charm his way into some place? You are dead right, you read the warning signs early, good on you, no need to feel guilty

Reply to SR