Question
Posted by: PUPPY | 2007/02/20

FEELING BAD

I am seeing this guy. We have been seeing each other for a few months. He is a very nice dude. I on the other hand cant handle the fact that he is so good to me. I treat him so bad sometimes.
I am a divorced women could it be my past that is haunting me still.
My ex treated me very badly. I really dont want to loose him to somebody else.

You are an adult and in control of your own behaviour --- so stop treating him badly. Maybe you are in some way taking out on him, the innocent, what you didn't get round to taking out on your Ex, but you know that is unfair and unhelpful. See a counselor to sort out this inappropriate and self-defeating behaviour.

1
Posted by: Shorty | 2007/02/20

And how did it make u feel when ur ex treated u badly? did it make u feel good abt urself or did it make u wanna leave?
so pls, cut the poor new guy some slack, he is not ur past, he is ur current. he is no responsible for the hurt u have experienced. do u know how many women out there would love to be treated nicely by their men? I being one of them. I too, was ill-treated by an ex, but i wont let that get in the way of my happiness with someone who would be goin out of his way to show me that he appreciates me for who i am.

Sorry i lashed out on u like that. i think u treat him this way cos u expect him to hurt u in the end. well, since u say u love this new guy start treatin him like a loved one. show him exactly what he means to u.

Good luck!

Reply to Shorty