Question
Posted by: Foolish??? | 2008/05/21

Feel like a mistress???

My boyfriend and I have been going out for just over 10 months. Up until the last 2 1/2 months everything was perfect. We saw each other practically every single day and he used to send me lovely sms's etc. He also owns his own business which takes him out of town for days at a time though not every week. Lately, it's as if he only wants to see me when he has nothing else to do. When he had his kids we used to sleep at his house, now I don't even see him if he has his kids even if it's for a whole week. I feel like a mistress in this relationship. I only ever see him now when he is not working, not away and doesn't have his kids. I've tried talking to him and he tells me that I'm imagining things. I;m beginning to wonder if he doesn't feel the same way about me anymore. One day he's all over me and then I barely speak to him for days. Please help!

,,,,,

4
Posted by: Britty | 2008/05/21

Lots of good reasons posted. Just maybe your relationship is now comfortable and you are like a pair of favourite shoes that he doesn't always have to wear every day. Maybe just ask him what is going on and if his answer isn't satisfactory then find someone else. Take care and good luck.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Foolish??? | 2008/05/21

I am not sure what to do. I love my boyfriend very much and this has been the best relationship of my life - until lately. I suppose I'm going to have to talk to him about it at some point - I don't want to lose him that much I do know!!

Reply to Foolish???
Posted by: Nicola | 2008/05/21

Are you sure that his kids do not have something to do with this? Maybe they do not like you being around and he is trying to please them, thereby keeping you away from them? Happened to me.

Reply to Nicola
Posted by: SR | 2008/05/21

mmmmm yep difficult one to assess. At this rate you both are drifting apart and if the air is not cleared it could carry on like this indefinitely as it's the way he is letting the relationship slide by not communicating his feelings or intentions. It sounds like he could be easing off on the feelings or maybe has distractions.

What are you going to do about it? What does your gut feeling tell you to do?

Reply to SR