Question
Posted by: Leez | 2008/01/28

Feedback required

Hi. I have pigmentation marks on forehead, temples and cheeks. I am currently using the Galia Anti-blemish Vanishing cream (which I carry around with me and apply throughout the day).

Has anyone with the same problem used Galia by any chance and will it fade the marks eventually? I try and avoid the sun at all costs, but it's not always easy. Please advise, thank you!!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Leez, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately I can not find the ingredients used in the cream you have mentioned. If possible, please submit a new question and list the ingredients that should be found on the back of the bottle, and I can give you a more informed answer.

Following from your description you may be suffering from Melasma (hormone induced pigmentation – pregnancy, oral contraceptive, etc.) that is more difficult to treat than general sun damage/pigmentation. Your best approach would be to consult an aesthetic practitioner or cosmetic dermatologist who can examine the areas that concern you and prescribe the appropriate treatment.

The following ingredients, have been found to reduce pigmentation:
Hydroquinone (2% and 4%), Kojic Acid, Bearberry, Mulberry root extract, Glycolic acid, Vitamin C, and Citric acid.
For melasma, topical treatments should contain Mandelic acid as well.