Question
Posted by: VitA | 2008/07/15

Feedback - Oratane

Dear Dr Bets

Thank you for your response.

I phoned my dermatologist today, and he said that he would like me to be evaluated by an eye specialist before continuing with the Oratane 40mg, which he arranged for me. He also mentioned that it might be necessary to stop the treatment.

I went to see the eye specialist. He evaluated me and said that my eyes look healthy. He said that my oil glands are just dried up due to the medication as with the oil cells of the skin and suggested that I use eyedrops throughout the Oratane treatment. He suggested that I try something like "Refresh Tears" or "Cellufresh" as option 1, if that does not help something like "Optive", and as a last resort either "Celluvisc" or "Refresh Liquigel." The last two are of course the thicker formulations, and sine I noticed on the box that it is longer lasting, I decided to try the Celluvisc.

Do you believe that this is a good choice, or should I first try the thinner formulations.

Thank you Dr Bets!

Dear Vit A
The thinner products you would have to use more often but may feel more natural. However if the thicker formula is comfortable to use, you can use it.