Question
Posted by: Zanè | 2006/04/03

Feedback

Hi all,

Last week I asked some advice on my bf's relationship with his parents - hate his dad, feels overly responsible for his mom.

Yesterday he told me that he decided to talk to his parents, actually more his dad I think. We had an amazing chat about it last night and he realises that it's not healty the way things are now. So he told them (his parents) that he wants to have a "family meeting" tonight, he just can't take the atmosphere in the house anymore.

I am so proud of him! He is finally starting to take action to resolve the issues. He said that although his not ready to work through all the pain and hate yet, he wants to start working in that direction. We both realise that the next few months will most likely be very emotional and painfull for him as he starts facing all the pain that have been building up through the years. And maybe he will only feel ready to really start facing the hurt in a few months time, but atleast now he's admitting that he can't live the rest of his life with al this pain.

He also admitted that he feels he has to protect his mom from his dad and that he "can't leave his mom in his dad's hands". Admitting it is the first step right?

Anyhay just thought I should say thank you for your advise the other day and update you on what's happening...

Have a great day!

I'm proud of both of you --- well done. This is surely the right way forward. And he is sensible to want to take things gradually. Thanks so much for the feedback.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/03

Youve done GOOD ;) Well done!

Reply to Kate