Question
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/14

Feedback

It's so great to feel normal again. No cutting. No high. Just feeling downright normal - which equals feeling really GOOD!
The counselling sessions have been a tremendous help, and I am sure the medication I am now on, is adding to the overall effect, but also the support I have received here has helped me so much.

I think I am cured of any desire to cut myself, although I still have to be on the medication for another 6 months and continue with once a month counselling.

Here's hoping that I don't have a relapse of sorts, but I have worked through many aspects related to the child abuse, and I understand myself so much better - thanks to people here and my shrink - not bad considering my first session was a mere two months ago.

To all those who hurt themselves, please don't give up hope of overcoming this- act upon the advice given, don't dismiss the crazy sounding things, like scratch with red ink, instead of cutting.. try to find what works for you, but never give up hope. If I can do it, then I know anyone can - I have always considered myself to lack discipline, but I have conquered this.

Thanks again to EVERYONE here.

Hearty congratulations, Chelle, you can feel really proud of yourself for what you are achieving. I'm pleased to think that the support we were able to give you here have played a significant role in your achievement, including encouraging you into good therapy. And you have set such a good example to the many others who find themselves in a similar situation. THIS sort of Feedback should be on everyone's diet !

1
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/15

TRULY happy for you, Chelle. ((o: And AMEN to "don't give up". I haven't cut in years and I never will again.

Reply to lulu