Question
Posted by: annie | 2004/01/16

Fed up with lower back/bum pain HELP!!

Dear Doc

I'm 21 years old and my problem started when I was 18

I have this pain round my SI joint and bum muscle, the whole are around my bum hip and back. If I step on my right leg there's a sharp pain and sometimes my leg will also feel a light irritating lame pain. This is sometimes making my life hell, especially if I walk or sleep and want to turn around. The pain is in my right side most of the time but sometimes it "moves" to the left side.

I seriously need to know what cause this and what can I do to make it better. I took x-rays twice (they found nothing wrong) Over this 3 years I've been to GP's Chiropractors, and Physios a million times and everytime it's better for 3-4 days and then the pain return.

It's making my life hell living in this constant pain everyday and nothing and nobody can explain or help me (voltaren tablets is the only relief and then I have to dose myself with 3 tablets)

I'm still young and my back/bum is causing that I can't dance and exercise like the rest of my buddies. It makes me feel that I don't want to do anything where movement is involved.

PLEASE HELP AND EXPLAIN WHY AND WHAT I CAN DO PLEASE!!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Annie

If you have gone the full range of treatment I would have to say you would need to look a bit further. See if you can find a physio doing kinesiology too, it just brings in a whole lot of different aspects that may help to release your pain. If you are in Cape Town, give me a call.
Douglas