Posted by: annie | 2004/01/16

Fed up with lower back pain HELP!!

Dear Doc

I'm 21 years old and my problem started when I was 18

I have this pain round my SI joint and bum muscle, the whole are around my bum hip and back. If I step on my right leg there's a sharp pain and sometimes my leg will also feel a light irritating lame pain. This is sometimes making my life hell, especially if I walk or sleep and want to turn around. The pain is in my right side most of the time but sometimes it "moves" to the left side.

I seriously need to know what cause this and what can I do to make it better. I took x-rays twice (they found nothing wrong) Over this 3 years I've been to GP's Chiropractors, and Physios a million times and everytime it's better for 3-4 days and then the pain return.

It's making my life hell living in this constant pain everyday and nothing and nobody can explain or help me (voltaren tablets is the only relief and then I have to dose myself with 3 tablets)

I'm still young and my back/bum is causing that I can't dance and exercise like the rest of my buddies. It makes me feel that I don't want to do anything where movement is involved.



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Annie
The "why" is very difficult to determine without thorough examination - Such conditions do not always respond to treatment within two or three days (even though you may experience some relief) - I would suggest you discuss this with your chiropractor and let him/her continue with treatment for a slightly longer period. Anti-inflammatories may give relief too, but this is not an advisable long term solution.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Solly | 2004/05/13

Hi Annie
Have you found a solution. I have the exact problem and also visited the chiro prac, physio, and neurologist with no success.

Reply to Solly
Posted by: matt | 2004/01/23

A few years ago I went through a similar thing. My Chiro suggested a scan, which showed a "bulging" disk. He then treated me accordingly and put me on a stretch routine. Now I can surf, run etc, as long as I keep up the stretches.

Reply to matt
Posted by: Marcello | 2004/01/21

Dear Annie ,
the right side of the body is the force, the power that you do not have, the malaise is the fear of something or someone and easy you are poisoned by the food.Don't use food yang: meat, alcool, sugar, salt, coffees, tobacco, coloring, conserving, glutammato; you can use cereals, fruit, vegetables and milk of soy for the energy yin that makes you calm and contentSee you.

Reply to Marcello

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.