Question
Posted by: Jayer | 2008/01/13

Fear of Gynae

Hi. I am 30 years old. I have only had one sexual partner in my life who is my husband. We've been married for 2 years. I have been told and advised (and read your website) that I need to see a Gynae for a pap smear. I am however TERRIFIED. I think I have some kind of phobia as I just cannot get my head around going. Can you offer any advise or possibly an alternative?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Perhaps see a female gynaecologist and explain the problem to her.

2
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/14

Its not that bad although i think most of us dislike going for the obvious reason. But find i suitable doc and you will be fine. They are professionals and to them its nothing...just their job...good luck!

Reply to LL
Posted by: J | 2008/01/14

Hey Jayer, I know exactly how u feel!
I am about 8 weeks pregnant and begin Feb I will be going to gynae for the first time. I think it's better to go and be scared rather than not going at all!!

Good luck!

Reply to J