Posted by: Jayer | 2008/01/13

Fear of Gynae

Hi. I am 30 years old. I have only had one sexual partner in my life who is my husband. We've been married for 2 years. I have been told and advised (and read your website) that I need to see a Gynae for a pap smear. I am however TERRIFIED. I think I have some kind of phobia as I just cannot get my head around going. Can you offer any advise or possibly an alternative?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Perhaps see a female gynaecologist and explain the problem to her.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/14

Its not that bad although i think most of us dislike going for the obvious reason. But find i suitable doc and you will be fine. They are professionals and to them its nothing...just their job...good luck!

Reply to LL
Posted by: J | 2008/01/14

Hey Jayer, I know exactly how u feel!
I am about 8 weeks pregnant and begin Feb I will be going to gynae for the first time. I think it's better to go and be scared rather than not going at all!!

Good luck!

Reply to J

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.