Question
Posted by: Naomi | 2008/01/15

Fear falling pregnany after eclampsia

My son was born prematurely due to eclampsia,now nearly 5 years later my husband wants us to have another baby,honestly,I'd really love that,but I have this fear when coming to pregnancy,though my son and I lived,it was a very scary thing that happened to me,I never really talk about it to anyone,but its really tearing me and my hubby apart.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Naomi
Thanks for your patience in my reply. As you might know there was a problem on the site.

You do have a chnge of developing eclampsia again, BUT this time it will be controlled from very early in your pregnancy. Good news is that I have a few patients with pre-eclampsia with their first pregnancy and with the second they had no problems at all. So, I would say, go for it, but ensure that you see your doctor often.

Welma

3
Posted by: Naomi | 2008/02/09

Thank you for all the replies.I spoke to hubby about it and we've decided to put in on hold and go for counselling.He is being very supportive but it sometimes feels like he does not understand me entirely,but the counselling does help.I feel like a huge load has been lifted off my shoulders.I will definitely give the support group a try,sharing an experience with someone who has actually been in the same situation must be so healing...thank you again for the advice...

Reply to Naomi
Posted by: Nieta | 2008/01/25

Ek het 2 jaar terug pre eklampsie gehad en my kind is op 28 weke gebore (735gram geweeg). Ek is nou 35 weke swanger en alles gan BAIE GOED. Baba doen regtig goed binne in my en bloeddruk / uriene is reg. Dis maar 'n kans wat jy vat om weer swanger te raak na so iets, maar jy gaan nooit weet as jy nie daai kans vat nie. En met vandag se tegnologie kan hulle baie klein / vroeggebore babas deurdra. Sterkte!

Reply to Nieta
Posted by: Kym | 2008/01/16

I can completely understand your fear. Why dont you join SA Preemies parent support group we are all parents of preemies and many of our mom have gone onto have full term second pregnancies without any problems, we normally chat via email. It will also do you good to take about what happened with people who understand and can support, cry with you and laugh with you. Please contact us on 0860 SA PREM (72 7736). (((HUGS)))

Reply to Kym