Posted by: patience | 2008/10/09


I read in your forum about the wife who is so afraid of living in South Africa and I have a daughter like this who will not even get her own flat/townhouse even though she can afford it and would love not to live with us, her parents. She is ruining her life, I think. I know there is a lot of danger out there but if I, a frail person, can deal with it, she should learn to deal with it. I have tried to help her and failed. What can you suggest?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Patience
Some people are more anxious of nature. It may help to look for a flat for her in a security complex or for her to share a flat with a friend if she is scared of living alone. If you think she is abnormally anxious about this, seeing a psychologist to help her learn ways to cope with this may help.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: patience | 2008/10/09

sorry wrong forum

Reply to patience

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.