Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2007/06/07

Fear

Hi Guys

background: 5 years ago i fell pregnant before marriage and within my religion its a big deal. Anyways i hid the pregnancy until i was 7mnths and then my mum found out. they were devastated at first but later excepted. i went away to my sisters mother in law who lives in durbs to have the baby. (we live in PTA) anyways when we got back my mum told the family and bla bla bla.......my hubby and i got married after 3 months and are still together. the thing is yesterday i thought my period was late and didnt get much sleep thinking about it. this morning still nothing and i am a complete wreck! i am constatly thinking about it, to the point where i am actually shaking from head to toe and have this super huge headache......i have been crying constatly and just feel like i am totally lost......i know that things are different now and that i can have a baby if i want to but i am pertrified of the fact.......and no i didnt have a difficult birth or anything.....it was super easy. why am i so scared? i am like a nervous wreck.......

Something like this happens more often than we think --- in a sense you may be transferring to the present situation of a possible ( and ntirely blameless ) pregnancy, the fear and upset you maybe didn't have the chance to fully feel and work through last time, when the situation was so much more fraught. The fear is genuine, though not appropriate to this situation. And of course there are many possible reasons why a period could be late, and becoming very emotionally upset can delay i further. You may want to have a proper pregnancy test to check with more certainty. And DO see a good local counsellor to work through all these issues, and you should be feeling much more stable and confident before long