Question
Posted by: CK | 2004/11/09

Faulty Valve!

I had a gastroscopy and have been diagnosed as having a "faulty valve and inflammation by my eusopogas which is responsible for my enormous levels of acidity along with my diet.
Is it ok for me to drink de-caffinated coffee and to drink artificially sweetend cooldrinks. I also use quite alot of artificial sweetners with my food and chew/eat artificially sweetend gum and mints all day as I have a radical sweet tooth. Sweetner used - canderal and in cooking I use advantage. My breakfast is plain yog with wheat flakes,banana and apple - lunch is a slice of rye bread with chicken/tuna lettuce,cucumber and pineapple later I have a orange,guava or pear. Snacks are pkt pretzels and 2 cream cracker and cheese. I also have half glass of fruit -|- tail / orange juice after dinner and then a couple of jelly sweets. I am currently taking pantaloc to inhibit the acid. Do I need to avoid any of the above to help my acidity further.

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear CK

Your diet is causing high levels of acidity which is exacerbating your problem. Your diet needs to be as the healthy nutrition guide below. You do not consume enough proteins and a lack in proteins will cause your blood sugar level to drop leading to a craving for sweet things.

Sweeteners are not recommended please. Rather have dried fruits or honey or complex carbs.

A good book for you to read is called The X Factor written by Leslie Kenton.

To help clear the faulty valve and heartburn, please use Indigestion Formula with Urticalcin from A Vogel and Causticum 30ch potency. Causticum used 3x daily for 10 days will help you correct the valve. Use these products only if you are willing to change your diet.

Drink lots of filtered water and for the next three weeks or so, follow the root veg and pumpkin diet below first before the healthy nutrition diet.

Kind regards.

Estie

ROOT VEGETABLE AND PUMPKIN DIET
• POTATOES
• CARROTS
• BEETROOT STEAM, BAKE, COOK NO OIL
• SWEET POTATOES SERVE WITH BROWN RICE
• TURNIPS
• PARSNIPS
• ONIONS
• GARLIC

CAN HAVE PAW – PAW FOR BREAKFAST

PLUS

ALL KINDS OF PUMPKINS I.E GEM SQUASH, HUBBARD SQUASH, ETC

FLAVOUR WITH DR VOGEL’S HERBAMARE AND KELPAMARE AVAILABLE IN PHARMACIES AND HEALTH SHOPS.

DRINK ONLY WARM WATER, NEVER COLD BEVERAGES.

NO FAT, OIL, CHEESE, FRUIT JUICES, GREEN LEAVY VEGETABLES OR ANYTHING THAT GROWS ABOVE THE GROUND.

THIS DIET TO BE FOLLOWED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY FOR 14 DAYS.

Healthy Nutrition

Health begins with good nutrition, but how are we to decide what is good and what is not in the face of so much consumer health advice? The first thing to remember is that each of us is unique, with unique nutritional needs. A lifestyle and diet that benefits one person may not necessarily benefit another; there is no such thing as a single correct diet. But is there a universal guideline we can adhere to? Perhaps one: wholefoods – in as close to their natural state as possible. Having undergone minimal, if any, processing, wholefoods are without exception, more nutritious than refined foods. We are not able to improve the quality of food by exposing it to a process. We don’t have any processes that can add life to anything; we can only take life out of things. The fewer steps the original food type has gone through, the more nutrition is left in it. After all, we evolved in harmony with our environment, where the process of eating and digesting became compatible with available food, which consisted of specific balanced combinations of nutrients. The process of refining and processing food changes the balance of nutrients, and thereby compromises its nutritional value.

The following recommended diet is intended only as a guideline. Above all, learn to listen to your body’s response to the different foods you eat, and develop your own healthy nutritional plan!

Breakfast:

 Rice cakes/Rye Vita with cottage cheese/avocado OR
 Freshly cut seasonal fruit OR
 Oats (preferably rolled) OR
 Mealie-meal porridge OR
 Maltabella (preferably stone-ground) OR
 Millet porridge (cook on stove for about 40 minutes in a stainless steel cooking pot with water and salt)

Add to cooked, cooled porridge the following:
 A drop of honey, half a teaspoon of unsalted butter and one teaspoon of each of the following:
 Raw sunflower seeds
 Raw sesame seeds
 Raw linseeds
 Raw almonds (chopped)
 Raw pumpkinseeds (crushed or ground in coffee grinder). This seed/nut mixture should be added to a fruit salad or to cottage cheese spread on rice cakes)

Snacks or light meals:

 Rice cakes and/or Rye Vita biscuits with any of the following: avocado pear, feta cheese, tomato, sardines, cucumber, tuna, Marmite or honey OR
 Fresh fruit: eat fruit by itself or in-between meals OR
 Figs and cashews/macadamias/pecans/un-sulphured dried fruit/dates/almonds

Lunch and supper:

 VEGETARIAN: fresh tofu, soya mince and frozen soya products
 FISH: Steamed, grilled or baked – not fried! Served with lemon butter and herbal salt
 LAMB: stewed, grilled or baked – not fried!
 FREE RANGE CHICKEN : – baked, grilled, steamed or stir-fried

• Serve any of the above with brown rice, or Basmati Rice, lentils, barley or dried beans (cook well on stove in a stainless steel cooking pot with water and salt)
• Fresh vegetables should be eaten at least twice a day

• All vegetables should be steamed, baked, grilled or served raw – not fried! Flavour with herbs, and/or A Vogel’s Plantaforce, Herbamare or Kelpamare

• SOUPS can be made with any of the above

Recommended dairy products:

 Cottage cheese
 Feta cheese
 Unsalted butter
 Maas
 Organic milk in moderation

For salad dressing:

Cold pressed oil (preferably virgin olive oil) mixed with:
 Fresh lemon juice
 Garlic
 Ground black pepper
 Herbamare
 Kelpamare

Healthy tips:

Use honey sparingly. Have no more than two cups of the following teas a day – Rooibos, fennel, fruit, chamomile, peppermint, green. Remember to drink water and avoid drinking fruit juices; rather eat fresh fruit.

Avoid all:

Processed and refined wheat products, pork, cold meats, beef, battery eggs, milk, yoghurt, yellow cheese, alcohol, coffee, tea, sugar, processed fruit juices, reheated foods, fried foods, microwaved foods and homogenised milk.

Do have:
 Raw honey
 Rye bread
 Soya milk/rice milk/oat milk
 Water
 Carob
 Bambu
 Popcorn

Instead of:
 Brown/white sugar
 Whole wheat/white bread
 Cow’s milk
 Fruit juices/carbonated fizzy drinks
 Chocolate
 Coffee
 Potato crisps

Always drink:

2 litres of water a day to ensure the complete hydration of every cell in your body.

All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores

For more information please contact:

SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660

Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax : 031 7838080
info@sanatural.co.za

This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnosis from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational.