Question
Posted by: Worried wife | 2008/05/25

Fatty Liver

My husband was diagnosed with fatty liver about 3 months ago. He suffered from severe abdomininal pains. Since then he is very wary what he eats, stopped alcohol, etc. The pain has also subsided. (His sister also has a fatty liver though she never touched alcohol.) His eyes and skin are still pink. The liver's size is nearly back to normal. Is there need to be still worried?

Furthermore he suffers from chronic constipation. Any magic cure? Thanks.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

If your husband's fatty liver was caused by alcohol intake, as well as poor diet, his condition will definately improve. Unfortunately, I do not know what chronic problems can arise in the future, due to his fatty liver.

For the constipation he can take Laxette syrup 20ml, twice a day, for a period of 10 days, in conjuntion with Softlax, two tablets, twich daily.

Kind regards

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/11

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOU HAVE A FATTY LIVER

Posted by: Carz | 2008/10/01

Hi there,
What are the long term complications from a fatty layer around the liver? Does a change of diet eradicate it completely in the long run, or will it always be a problem? What can this lead to and what are the long term effects on the liver?

Reply to Carz
Posted by: liver problems | 2008/05/27

Hi\

I also have a fatty liver, but have extermely pain in my stomach.

I dont drink any alhocol.

regards

Reply to liver problems
Posted by: Worried wife | 2008/05/26

Thanks for the info. Will do so.

Reply to Worried wife