Posted by: Lou | 2009/02/10

Fatty bumps under eyes

Good afternoon

I have just discovered that I have what appears to be tiny fatty bumps under my eyes - in the area where one would have dark rings under the eyes. What is this from, and what can I do to get rid of if??? I have seen elderly people with this (although bigger than what I currently have). I' m 38, and have always taken good care of my skin - no wrinkles yet.

Please help

many thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lou, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a dermatologist who can examine the areas of concern and advise you on the best treatment option.

There are a number of different possibilities for the tiny bumps:

Xanthoma is a fatty deposit that may be associated with high cholesterol levels
Various calcification nodules
Nodular elastoidosis: sun damaged skin and may be associated with acne like outbreaks
Sebaceous cysts and other cystic lesions

Typically surgery is required to remove these lesions.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.