Question
Posted by: MAX | 2002/12/06

FATIGUE AFTER EXCERSIZE

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a leaking aortic valve. Recently I joined a gym and find that I get extremely tired after cycling for 30mins (level 3). My training heartrate being between 150 and 170. The fatigue lasts for approximately 24 hours and is to the extend that I have no energy and have to force myself to do my job. Please tell me if I am overdoing it or am I just unfit?

Max, the CFS isn’t a problem, but the leaking aortic valve may be. The best would be to have a heart ultrasound done to determine how big the leak is and whether this has caused the heart to dilate (the first stage of heart failure). If everything is OK, you’re welcome to gym. Good luck.
PS. I’m sorry I took so long to answer your question, but I was sick. Actually I’m still not feeling well, but I’m trying.