Question
Posted by: Lara | 2008/05/21

Fatigue

I am a 29 year old working mom. I love my baby (2 years old) and I really enjoy my job. Problem…. I am exhausted all of the time. To a point where I feel I am unable to function.
Also, For the last 2 weeks I have had a terrible sore throat. It clears up during the day but is really painful at night. I do not have a cold or flu. Nose is not blocked, no other symptoms just a very sore throat (which is only that way at night).
Questions: What can I do to help the fatigue? And Is there any reason why I would have this persistent sore throat?

Your response is appreciated.

Dear Lara
I think you should have a proper medical examination by your GP, you may have iron deficiency anemia, or a problem with your thyroid or your immunity may just be very low causing the chronic sore throat. You also may have a chronic post nasal drip or blocked nose at night due to hayfever. He will then be able to prescribe a good tonic and whatever else is necessary.