Question
Posted by: Kenny | 2004/01/16

Fatigue

I'm a 24 year male, I go to gym every day of the week - in the evenings - eat healthy, lots of fibre, lots of complex carbs, very little sugar, enough protien which I get from chicken and fish, drink lots of water, drink about 2 glasses of wine a week - over weekends - drink 1 cup of coffee every 2nd day, and get 8 hours of good sleep every evening. I also take supplements to fill in anything that I'm missing in my diet.

I have a problem though, every morning I wake up I feel hungover, as if I've been drinking all night, and it takes me 3 - 4 hours to properly "wake up" then by the afternoon at about 4 I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Is there something in my diet that might cause this, or is it just my work, being a web designer and sitting behind a computer for 10 hrs of the day.

Dear Kenny
Seeing that your diet and exercise routine are really excellent, I can only surmise that it is either your job, which could cause these symptoms or an underlying physical or psychological problem. It may be a good idea to have a medical checkup just to be sure - possibly test for anaemia and insulin resistance - rather safe than sorry. Also ask the dr to check if you could be suffering from a condition such as endogenous depression - I know it sounds impossible, but this kind of condition can have a dramatic effect on your health.
Holding thumbs that you find out what is causing this great lethargy in the mornings.