Question
Posted by: Ric | 2004/10/11

Father or not?

Hi Doc,

I had a one night stand with someone in April sometime, it was a complete mistake, now she tells me she is 20 weeks pregnant? And she says i am the father!! i don't think i am as it does not add up!!

please help!!!

It sure does not add up if she is 20 weeks only now. Unlikely you are the father

4
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/11

When did she tell you that she was 20 weeks pregnant? The best thing you can do if the daes are close enough is a DNA test when the baby is born. That will set you back R1500. Its worth knowing the absolute truth. Many a times children are made during one night stands. She is not looking for a relationship. If you didn't use protection then you should face the music and not find ways of running away from you responsibility. Make absolutely sure that the kid is yours or not. Children are a gift and they don't deserve to suffer because of our mistakes.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Ric | 2004/10/11

Thank goodness! so its not mine, i thought it was a bit strange.

Reply to Ric
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/10/11

If she's 20 weeks like she said, she conceived somewhere in May

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/10/11

If you had an encounter in April then she would probably have found out she was preg late April or begining May - even if its May then her dates dont quite add up. Ask to see a scan with dates - it should tell you precisely how far she is. I'm not saying she lying - but if she isnt you should accept your responsibilities and in future "no balloon no party...'

Reply to Jelly