Posted by: TINKIE | 2008/08/26

The father/daughter advice you provided me with has reference. Do you think I should take my daughter to a shrink to discuss the matter in order for her (at age 11) to realise that this is not what fathers and daughters of her age should be talking about. I think (because of experience) that he is a sexual deviant - he sees a beautiful/sexy woman and he follows her around like a dog on heat - sick, very sick. I watch in utter disgust and I avoid him at all cost -. I want my daughter to be brought up with morals, but the way things are going I feel a need to protect her. But he always has the upper hand, because of their close relationship. Please tell me do you think I should take her to a shrink, in order for her to understand the abnormality.

Taking her to see a child shrink sounds like a fair idea ( and of course you would ask to see the shrink first, to outline the nature of your concerns ). Be cautious that while its excellent to try to bring up a child with good morals, its best if they learn the basic moral principles so as to be able to make their own decisions on moral matters, rather than just accepting your own viewpoint. And try not to give her too negative a view of sex, or men, or such matters, as these are possibly more likely to handicap her in later life than whatever her father did or did not do. Any good child psychiatrist or child psychologist ought to be able to help, having heard your point of view, to then calmly and objectively discuss things with your daughter, assess whether she is bothered or negatively affected, and help her to deal with such situations in future

Posted by: P.S | 2008/08/26

P.S i hate my father. Hope he rots in hell and someone kills him soon very soon. If theres a god out there then god plz kill him. make my life easy.

Reply to P.S
Posted by: Coco | 2008/08/26

Just a thought - do you actually know how much your daughter knows about sex? I have found that between the rubbish on TV, ads in books, internet etc., that they seem to be more than aware of what is what in the world. I do understand your concern but what is more worrying is the effect of you staying with your spouse whilst he is behaving like this, thus telling her its okay for men to treat women like that. So if more men or women dumped their cheating spouses then perhaps the next generation would not be so accepting or would see cheating as a destroyer of relationships as opposed to just being accepted by the wife/husband.

Reply to Coco