Question
Posted by: Carolyn | 2004/12/15

FAT TUMMY

Hi, will Yoga help me get rid of access fat around my middle? I am eating healthy, but i need some form of exercise to rid this stomach and love handles.

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Carolyn - at the end of it all loosing weight boils down to a simple equation - burning more calories than you consume. Since yoga involves physical exercise, breathing efficiency and greater physical awareness it is very likely that you will lose weight in addition to adding muscle tone. The important thing is to find a studio, teacher and style where you feel comfortable to practice and to learn basic modifications for postures that are a little challenging at first. Thereafter the gifts of flexibility, balance, strength, stress reduction and increased awareness become accessible for every body. More important is the greater confidence, postural alignment, improved breathing and increased awareness that you will feel.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Chris

1
Posted by: row | 2004/12/21

It would be better to do some cardio exercise (running, cycling, swimming). Yoga is not efficient for weight loss.

Reply to row