Question
Posted by: the dude | 2003/01/15

fat deposits under skin

Hi, I would really like to know how to get rid of the fatty deposits just under my skin. These have formed hard lumps and the larger ones are a bit unsightly. Even after losing weight they are still there. Is there a non-surgiclal method to get rid of them? Will acupuncture work?
Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated greatly.

TD, I’m not sure exactly what it is. It sounds like it might be lipomas, but it’s difficult to say without being able to examine you. If they are lipomas, the only way to remove them will be surgery. The best would be to see your doctor and have a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.

1
Posted by: PETE | 2003/01/15

Hey Dude - I have the same problem and get these mostly on my back. They have grown at times and some have shrunk too! I have had two removed but one has returned - it is rather annoying and unslightly too! An answer would be great Doc?

Reply to PETE