Question
Posted by: G | 2004/09/23

Fat but hungry

I'm not terribly overweight but have been stuck in the yo yo process and getting bigger by the year! I try to limit fats, and eat in moderation but I tend to get very hungry if I don't eat those carbs in the form of breads. I try to make the healthiest choices, and have carbs in the form of veggies and salads as much as possible, but I get so hungry. What are the best choices for me to lose weight, but remain satisified? I drink 1 - 2 litres of water a day.

Dear G
There is no earthly reason why you cannot eat carbohydrates as part of a balanced slimming diet. Carbs have a low energy content especially if they also have a high dietary fibre content. It is the fat people add to carbs that cause weight gain. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre diet. Use this diet and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.