Question
Posted by: kuku | 2007/05/04

Fat Burners

Hi Doc,

I am a 36 yr old female & have been training quite intensely for about 6 months but am still not losing weight or cm's? I would like to try a Fat Burner, but there are so many on the market. What is a good Fat Burner to use that doesn't contain any ephedrine?
Also, I see that some of them contain Creatine? Is this harmful to my body & does it build muscle. As I am female, I don't want to get any bigger!

Thanx
:o)

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Kuku

The best fat burners to try is USN’s or the EAS ones. Neither contains ephedrine as it is a banned substance, but they contain the calmer cousin synerphrine. You can also try CLA which is a natural fat burner, but take it for at least 6 months and at a dosage of at least 3000mg per day – it gets costly!

Don’t take products with creatine – they will make you gain weight as the draw fluid into the muscle and help to stimulate muscle growth. It isn’t harmful though.

All that said I am rather worried that the weight loss problem is stuck somewhere in your diet! You have to make sure you are eating the right amount of calories for your body and your energy output and in the right macro nutrient ratios. If that is out of line no fat burner will make the difference! Please look back into the archives where I have answered similar questions on the lack of weight loss – you will certainly gain some knowledge there from. If you don’t come right get back to me and we will find the solution.

Good luck!
Vanessa

2
Posted by: kuku | 2007/05/08

Thanx for the responses.

Reply to kuku
Posted by: Yugi | 2007/05/04

No No No.
My advise is that stay away from things that are not natural.

1) Yes you have been training intensley, but sometimes when this happens, people think they now have licence to eat whatever they want since they will simply "run it off".Check your diet again.Training & healthy eating are like fork & knife.

2) The definition of "training intensley" is also open to debate.I do a lot of running, and I have seen a lot of people trying to do some running.They simply do a bit of walking, some run at a very very slow pace, and that is simply not good enough to burn excess energy.I myself when I started running, thought I was training intensley, but now when I look back, I realise I was simply playing.

So I suggest that you start making up a set of training goals.i.e run 1km in 3 min, then next week, try run 1km in 2 min, etc etc.....................try and increase your goals.

Reply to Yugi