Question
Posted by: DINKY DOO | 2004/01/17

"FAT BAND" AROUND STOMACH AREA

I am 48 years old and train at the gym 4 times a week, doing cardio and weight training. I have been trying to watch my intake of hidden fats and have been cutting down on my carbs, but just can't seem to shed the "fat bands" around the waiste area fast enough. This makes me depressed as I feel I cannot enjoy my life as I am limited in what I can eat so as to not put on weight. Please advise as to why I am battling to slim my tummy area. Could hormones be an influencing factor?
Dinky Doo

Dear Dinky Doo
The so-called 'fat depots' on the breasts, hips, thighs and tummy are usually genetically and also sex-linked. If you have a family tendency to fat deposits in the stomach area, then it will be difficult to shed those kgs. Targeted exercise does help. Some beauty salons provide treatments such as body wrapping, which can help and there are certain products that may assist -contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.