Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2004/11/25

Fat Baby

I am 26 years an 6 month pregnant with my first child.
I gained 15kg so far. I eat healthy and walk twice a week for 30min.
Will my baby be born fat????

Dear Sharon
I don't think your baby will be born fat. I have no indication what you weighed before you pregnancy, so it is difficult to judge is you have put on too much weight. In total it is advisable for women with a normal BMI at the start of pregnancy to gain 11.5 to 16 kg over the 9 months (this works out to about 1,3 to 1,8 kg per month). If your weight was normal at the start of your pregnancy then I think you have gained too much weight so far. If you were underweight at the start of your pregnancy then your weight gain would not be too excessive.
Best wishes for your pregnancy