Question
Posted by: happy | 2006/04/19

fat after pill

i have been on genette since i was 13 it is a very weak pill, i want to go off now because my husband and i want to fall pregnant, i would like to know will i pick up weight if i leave the pill? and what type of foods should i eat to aid in falling pregnant should i also take vitimans?

i have a very small frame and am very skinny and they say i will battle to fall pregnant because of this is it true?

thank you for any response.

Most women do not gain weight after stopping the Pill. There are no particular foods thast help with pregnancy, but you should take folate. If your BMI is less than 20, you may struggle to fall pregnant.

Natasha, please refer to the Top 5 questions.

3
Posted by: NATASHA | 2006/04/19

I HAVE BEEN ON DEPO PROVERA FOR NINE MONTHS I LEFT IT LAST MONTH I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR ME TO CONCEIVE AND I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN MY PERIOD AS YET.

Reply to NATASHA
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/19

thank you so much for your reply god bless you!!!

Reply to lou
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/19

You should not put on any weight if you go off the pill, usually it is the opposite, with women going on to the pill sometimes finding it makes them put on weight.
If you are going to go off the pill in order to try and fall pregnant, you should start taking folic acid - 1 tab a day and a good multivitamin which you can change for a multivitamin for pregnant women once you concieve.

If you are skinny because you dont eat properly then you will possibly have difficulties becoming pregnant, however if it is just genetic and you eat healthily and have good health then you should be fine.
It can take up to a year to fall pregnant once you come off the pill, so you need to be patient.

Reply to lou