Question
Posted by: fat | 2005/07/13

fat after baby

I cant seem to lose weight after my baby. i follow a healthy diet . my baby is nine months and still have not lost anything please help?

Dear Reader
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you follow this diet and do regular exercise (30 min a day) and do not lose any weight after 6 weeks, then I would suggest that you consult a medical dr because other non-diet factors could be involved such as post-pregnancy hormone imbalances (hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, female hormone imbalance) and depression which is an underestimated contributing cause of weight gain. If you consult your dr, he/she will be able to test for hormone imbalances and if you should be insulin resistant, then consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your insulin resistance and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. If you suffer from depression then please consult a clinical psychologist (ask your dr to refer you or look them up in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists').

2
Posted by: fat | 2005/07/14

i gained 22 kgs i had sugar and my child grew so i was went from 62 to 84 before birth after birth i went back to 78kgs i am not breast feeding and cant lose the weight

Reply to fat
Posted by: Still with child | 2005/07/14

Just how did you gain? How much did you loose at birth. R u breast feeding?Sorry to ask but this is my biggest fear at this stage.

Reply to Still with child