Question
Posted by: Gordon | 2007/05/29

Fat

Hey, i train with high intensity no less than 5 times a week with rather sizeable weights. i would like to pack on lean muscle and possibly lose the "excess fat", how can i do this? Im 22 and about 17% BF, I mainly eat chicken breasts and wheat free rye along with my protein shakes. Please advise what else i could do.

Kind regards,

Gordon

Dear Gordon
To lose excess fat you need to do some aerobic exercises (rowing, spinning, jogging, swimming or running) in addition to working with weights. Ironically it could be due to your low carbohydrate intake that you are struggling to lose fat and build muscle. Carbohydrate is the most important nutrient for athletes and I would recommend that you read the articles I have written on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women'. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on carbs, carbo-loading and proteins. Also keep in mind that it takes TIME to build muscles, so give your body a chance to develop muscle tissue.