Question
Posted by: Penny | 2003/01/15

Fat

I have really been watching what I've been eating for the last week. Have cut out wheat and sugar!! I have also been running (4 times) last week and have not lost even half a kilo or gone down in centimeteres. What am I doing wrong? Have just started the diet and exercising routine.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Penny

Please give it time! When you first start exercising, your blood volume increases, your metabolism starts to change and potentially new muscle tissue starts forming - thus getting on a scale, might show no apparent change - and that's why I suggest you use other parameters rather than just a scale to indicate "success" to you.

Furthermore, you really need to give yourself some time! We live in an age of instant fixes and results - but changing your lifestyle is different and you need to persevere and be patient.
Out of interest, why have you cut wheat out of your diet and when you say sugar, are you referring to all sugars or simply plain sugar? Perhaps speak to Dietdoc, about whether these dietary changes are advisable.

Keep exercising!

1
Posted by: Bern | 2003/01/31

If you are climbing the scale, it will fustrate you. Pick one of your tightest outfit and try it on every second week. I'll tell you why. I tend to bulk (muscle) very easily. Every time I climb on that scale, it would either show no weight loss or weight gain. But I found that my previously tight clothes were loose. So don't set yourself up for failure. Find a true buddy to measure your progress and that way u have someone to share your up and downs with, to encourage you and better yet to motivate you when you feel like a quick fix!

All the best,
Bern

Reply to Bern