Question
Posted by: student | 2005/06/09

Fast Food

Being a student, I often resort to fast food on the run.
Can you please advise whether the mass-produced pies you find everywhere are of any value or should I stay away from them? I also find that they all taste the same, regardless of the manufacturer, which leads me to suspect they're full of unnatural flavourants etc.

Dear Student
Commercial pies are generally not a good food choice so it may be healthier if you ate fruit, nuts, wholewheat crackers with cheese, yoghurt, fruit juice, etc instead of these pies, which are high in fat and may contain a number of additives. You may have to do a bit of planning so that you buy a store of healthy snack foods. Also think of having milk, energy bars (there is a wonderful variety available) and products such as Get-up-and-Go.
Enjoy