Question
Posted by: Rose | 2004/09/27

Farmer's neck - Poikiloderma of Civatte

I have been told that laser treatment will sort out my embarresingly red neck which is characterised by rough skin and tiny broken capilliaries which extend from my neck down to my cleavage - with the exception of a white patch under my chin which is unaffected - the condition is known as Poikiloderma of Civatte. I am 41 yrs old with very fair, sensitive skin. My face is in relatively good shape so the difference is marked. While I am keen to try anything that may minimise the redness, I have heard however that there is a danger of scarring. What would you recommend? I'd be keen to hear from anyone else who has had treatment for this condition.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Rose,

You need a consultation with a dermatologist with extensive laser treatment experience.