Question
Posted by: Fantasia | 2008/06/06

Fantasy taking over my life

Hi Doc. am a bit scared that u will declare me a nutcase! i went onto the sexologist forum (647, 656, 663, 666 - will you be able to read it from there, too much to write over), hoping that some1 will help me, but i got more than i bargained 4, but strangly sort of wanting it (guys offering 2 help me out, fulfilling my fantasy). i know i need help, but i am not sure if i want 2 b helped, this is a fantasy (obsession) that's really taking over my life, but it's sort of keeping me alive. i look 4ward each day 2 drive in my car and having these thoughts and looking at men. like this afternoon, i was sitting in my car waiting at the shops, my window open, and thinking that i wish that 1 of the guys who read my "messages" would be there, and forcing me out of my car (not noticebly), and taking me away to his car, from there he might give me something to make me sleep and when i wake up, i am somewhere, in a daze and from there the "adventure" begins. i know there is consequences, and i know this is wrong, because so many woman get raped each day. i hate myself for thinking these thoughts, but be4 i can help myself, i'm thinking it again. hope u won't b disgusted with me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really no more in the business of declaring folks to be nutcases than the Zimbabwe Election Committee is in the business of declaring election results !

And sorry, but I don't have time to read lengthy correspondence on other forums --- my own takes more time than I really have to spare !

Now. It is vital to always be sure of the distinction between fantasies ( which you may enjoy as ideas ) and reality --- even the most ardent fantasist rarely if ever enjoys their actual acting out in real life.

From the sound of it, you're right to recognize the degree of obsession in this. Remember in a real-life situation, you would NOT be in control, or able to direct it according to your taste or desires, because others would be involved. See a counsellor to deal with these obsessions and the serious potential risk if your temptation strayed closer to reality.

3
Posted by: sadi | 2008/06/07

Fantasia, I think you are looking for trouble. Why not spend the energy u r using to fantasise on making your man happy. Rather role play with him. Read your message on Sexologist. Find a psychologist quickly to help you. I cant imagine anything worse happening to a woman, getting kidnapped and raped and even murdered, and here you are fantasizing about it. Get real!!! Cant you find something constructive to do with your time while you are sittting in a car thinking these thoughts???? Please find some help, before something really bad does happen to you. Will your fantasy help u then? I dont think so.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: fantasia | 2008/06/06

never read them, but had a hectic history, see 647 on sexologist forum, and that is not half of it. I crave for this, but know that it is wrong. but still longing for it, just am to screwed up

Reply to fantasia
Posted by: T | 2008/06/06

i think it would be wise to chat to a psychologist. we are all unique and different things make us tick. you are here for help not to be judged, dnt appologize for who you are. im no expert, bt ya, maybe u need to chat to a proffesional. i think we have been subjected to mills n boons for too long,lol. if you read some of those real diehard romance novels, that is basically how it happens. i was addicted to them, so ya, i also had one or two of those moments

Reply to T