Posted by: Storm | 2006/07/13



Has anyone been to FAMSA (Family and Marriage Society of SA)?
My husband and i want to go for marriage counselling and i was wondering if they any good?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Call Famsa and ask about costs ; I generally recommend them as a reliable link to good counsellors

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Getting there | 2006/07/13

In the week I pay R210 per hour (i think you can negotiate a bit based on your income) ... you can claim from Med Aid depending on your plan .. but it is worth it ...

Reply to Getting there
Posted by: lola | 2006/07/13

i need counciling too. but i cant afford R250 an hour thats rough!

Reply to lola
Posted by: Viv | 2006/07/13

What do shrinks charge anyway? I know they charge by the hour but what are the rates and are they regulated by the HPCSA or someone else? I'm thinking of taking my son for councelling...

Reply to Viv
Posted by: Susie | 2006/07/13

I found them to be good. two years ago I paid R250.00 per hour on a Saturday. I don't have medical aid.

Reply to Susie
Posted by: Storm | 2006/07/13

Ok thats fine. Thank you for your response.

Is it expensive and can u claim for medical aid?

Reply to Storm
Posted by: Getting there | 2006/07/13

I have been hanging out there (Parkwood) for indiv councelling ... the person I'm using is very good ... don't know if I'm allowed to mention names here ...

Reply to Getting there

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.